The wait is over, today is October 1st 2019. What does that mean? Finally GoPro Hero 8 Black is launched, now you can pre-order it from the GoPro official website. The company had release the next version of GoPro fusion as well, which is named as GoPro Max. In this article we are going to do a comparison of both GoPro Hero 8 Black and Hero 7 Black. Please do share me your feedback.
GoPro Hero 8 Black Vs GoPro Hero 7 Black
Both GoPro 7 and GoPro 8 has 12 MP camera, the difference in GoPro 8 is that it has SuperPhoto with improved HDR.
GoPro8 has LiveBurst feature which allow you to record the moments 1.5 seconds before and after your shot, so you can choose the best single frame you like. This feature is not available in GoPro 7
GoPro 8 supports 100 Mbps Bit Rate with 2.7 and 4K
GoPro 8 also has wide varieties of accessories like Frameless Mounting With Folding Fingers, Hero8 Black Mods, which will help you place the Display mod, Light Mod etc.
One of the amazing this in GoPro 8 is that the Video Stabilization is improved and it uses HyperSmooth 2.0
The other newly introduced feature is Horizon Leveling, which I am yet to try.
You all might have already tried TimeWrap video feature in GoPro 7, but GoPro 8 has an advanced version TimeWrap 2.0. This feature allows you take timelapse videos when you are moving, the TimeWrap adjust its speed according to the motion. The good thing is you can even slow down the effect to shoot some moments and then tap to speed it back up.
GoPro 8 also supports Narrow view, along with SuperView, Wide, Linear whereas GoPro 7 supports SuperView, Wide, Linear
It looks like GoPro has done an amazing work to improve the usability, by introducing the customizable on-screen shortcuts. With GoPro 8 you can create on screen shortcuts based on the features you use most.
There is one new mode available in GoPro 8 which Night Lapse Video, the same is not available in GoPro 7.
This is great, if you do a lot of live streaming. Now GoPro 8 supports Live Streaming with 1080p, whereas GoPro 7 supports 720p. You should be able to save the high definition video in your SD card once the live streaming is finished.
With GoPro 8 you can use 3.5 mm Audio Mic In either with the help of the new Media Mod for Hero 8 Black or the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter.
The Specifications of Media Mode are below.
- Built-in directional mic delivers crystal-clear audio and reduces wind and ambient noise
- 2 cold-shoe mounts to attach your favorite lights, mics or LCD screens
- 3.5mm mic port lets you add an external mic for enhanced audio
- HDMI-out port to monitor or play back your footage
- Unique and compact wraparound design adds portable expandability and ensures mounting remains easy
- Specially designed for use with Display Mod and Light Mod for HERO8 Black, and compatible with third-party accessories
If you do a lot a Vlogging videos then you will love this feature for sure. With the GoPro 8 you can connect a HDMI video Out screen with the help of new Media Mod. You can connect the Display Mod in the Media Mod and then start vlogging, you can see the screen while you do the video. Isn’t this sound interesting?
With the GoPro 8, you no longer need to worry about the light.
You can easily attach the Light Mod to the Media Mod, boom you are set to take ultra crisp footage. It supports,
- 4 levels of brightness—up to 200 lumens—for crisp detail
- Built tough and waterproof to 33ft (10m)
- Built-in rechargeable battery with up to 6 hours of runtime1
- Compact design is perfect as an add-on to your HERO8 Black, or as a standalone light for use with GoPro mounts
- Connects to HERO8 Black via Media Mod (sold separately)
- Maximum brightness for up to 30 seconds with Overdrive mode
- Strobe mode for signaling and visibility
- Light Specifications:
Overdrive mode: 200 lumens, 200 lux @1m
Level 3: 125 lumens, 120 lux @1m
Level 2: 60 lumens
Level 1: 20 lumens
Runtime: 1 hour at Level 3, 2 hours at Level 2, 6 hours at Level 11
Color temperature without diffuser: 5700K
Your turn. What do you think?
Did I miss anything that you may think which is needed in this article? Could you find this post as useful? Kindly do not forget to share me your feedback.